Today actually proved to be quite the interesting day. As the we’ve decided as to what direction to take the Space Adventure combat system, we’ve had to make some adjustments changes not only to the existing engine, but to a few animations as well.
The new and improved combat system allows the user the limited use of three weapons throughout the game: A close-range weapon, a mid-range weapon, and a long-range weapon. Granting the user three different abilities, for combat during game-play. As story progresses the user will acquire certain special ammunition that they will combine with the game’s weaponry to create special abilities. These abilities will allow the user to complete in-game puzzles, discover hidden secrets and goodies, and expand their Space Adventure.
Animation, Character design and level Design updates as of August 20, 2013
- Co2’s shooting while jumping animation has been created for the close-range weapon.
- Co2’s shooting while jumping animation has been crated for the long-range weapon.
- Co2’s jumping animation has been created for the short range weapon.
- Co2’s shooting while walking animation has been created for the long range weapon.
- Co2’s shooting while walking animation has been created for the short range weapon.
Story and Cut-scene Development updates as of August 20, 2013:
- Designed the three weapon’s basic abilities.
Engine Development as of August 20, 2013:
- Improved the player’s damage mechanic.
- Began adapting the existing weapon system to accommodate the addition of the game’s new combat system.
- Added the game’s three weapons to the engine.
Thank you all for reading, and remember keep indie gaming alive!!!